We shop and compare home insurance quotes to save you time and money.
At Joyce Insurance Group, we simplify the home insurance shopping experience by comparing quotes from multiple carriers to help you find the best coverage and homeowners insurance rates. And at any time throughout your policy, if you have any issues, questions, changes, or need to file a claim, we’ll be here for you.
What does a homeowners insurance policy include?
A typical homeowners insurance policy includes several types of coverages, coverage limits, and deductibles. The following coverages can help ensure your home and assets are covered.
- Property Damage includes coverage for damage to your house and any structures on your property due to water, fire, and severe storms among others.
- Property Coverage includes items such as furniture that may only be covered up to a depreciated value, but other personal possessions may not be covered and will need additional insurance.
- Personal property coverage can pay you for the personal items in your home that may be damaged or destroyed by a covered cause of loss, including your furniture, clothes, sporting goods, musical instrument, firearms, and electronics to name a few.
- Dwelling coverage can help pay to repair or rebuild your home if it’s damaged by a covered cause including house fires, severe weather, damage from plumbing or appliance leaks, vandalism, and theft.
- Personal Liability Coverage (Standard Home Liability) can help protect you in the event of a claim and can provide a defense in the event of a lawsuit if you or a family member in your household is responsible for causing bodily injury or property damage to others.
- Natural Disasters – Homewreckers like floods and earthquakes are usually not covered by basic plans, meaning, you’ll need added coverage or a separate policy to keep your goodies protected.
- Loss of Use Coverage can help pay your additional living expenses if you must move out of your home temporarily while it’s being restored. If your house is too damaged live in while it’s being repaired or rebuilt, most policies will pay for a hotel and other living expenses, like groceries. This is typically subject to coverage terms and limits.
Additional Homeowners Insurance Coverages can typically be added to a primary homeowners policy and provide a great way for you to work with your insurance representative to customize your policy to your specific needs.
- Special Personal Property Coverage for personal property or contents can provide broader protection for your possessions in the event of a covered loss. It can cover your personal property in more situations than a homeowners policy.
- Personal property replacement cost coverage helps cover personal property losses based on their replacement cost at the time of loss, with no deduction for depreciation. The coverage is subject to applicable policy limits and deductibles and special limits apply to certain items such as jewelry and watches.
- Additional Replacement Cost Protection Coverage helps provide an additional amount of coverage to help repair or rebuild your home if the dwelling coverage on your home is not enough to cover the cost to repair or rebuild after a covered loss.
- Jewelry and Valuable Items coverage can provide higher limits and expanded protection for special classes of property such as jewelry and silverware.
- Personal Articles Floater is a separate valuable items policy that is available should you need coverage or higher amounts of coverage for specific valuable items.
- Water Backup and Sump Pump Discharge or Overflow. If water backs up from a sewer or drain within your home, or if water discharges or overflows from your sump pump, this coverage can help cover the loss up to a specified dollar amount. This does not include coverage for flood or surface water backup.
Our team will search homeowner insurance coverages across multiple home insurance companies, comparing various home insurance policies, ensuring you get the best protection at the right price. We will not only take time to understand your needs and help you compare quotes but will help find discounts so you can get better value from your policy. And your Joyce Insurance agent will continue to be accessible to you with one local phone call when you have questions or concerns or need to file a claim. Get your free homeowners quote today.