Unique coverage solutions for owners of student housing facilities
Student Housing Insurance Program
If you house students, a typical apartment building or condo insurance policy won’t protect you against everyday risk. There is a separate set of complex rules when student dwellers are tenants. Landlords for student rental properties face unique risks associated with having younger, short-term tenants.
Our Student Housing Insurance Program provides unique coverage solutions for owners of student housing facilities — coverage that not only ensures your property and investments are protected but also gives your student tenants a sense of security that they will have a safe home.
Our Student Housing Program is currently available in PA, OH, DE, VA, DC, MD. Other Student Housing insurance plans are available nationwide - please contact us for more information.
Get a Free Quote
Properties eligible for this program:
- Business Owners Policy (BOP) Prime Policy
- Lifecycle Vacancy Endorsement Automatically Included
- Actual Cash Value, Functional or Replacement Cost Valuation
- $1M/$2M general liability
- Inflation guard – Up to 20%
- Business income coverage covers the Actual Loss Sustained (ALS) by the insured as a result of direct physical loss or damage
- Removal of co-insurance provision — Must be insured to 100% of appropriate valuations
- Covers equipment breakdown
- Optional coverages: Sewer and drain backup, Building ordinance or law, Umbrella coverage – limits up to $10 million
- Traditional and garden style apartment housing with or without office/mercantile occupancy
- Mixed-use occupancy with office/mercantile exposures on the first floor and apartment exposures on the upper floors
- Privately owned
- Off-campus buildings
- Will accept dwellings